Underwriting messages serve to identify KSYM supporters on the air. More information in this PDF:Underwriting.
These announcements include our required station identification, and the naming your business along with a brief description of your product or service.
In the world of public radio, we use a little different jargon than that of the commercial radio industry. We refer to the announcements, that identify a organization and a value-neutral description of their business, as underwriting.
In recognition of the non-commercial nature of educational broad-casting and its own non-profit
mission, KSYM Radio only airs a small number of announcements per hour. Ensuring you have listeners full attention.
The average length will be limited to, a Introduction plus 15 seconds; are delivered by a single announcer; don’t contain audio, jingles or sound effects, and no more than two local underwriters will be identified in the same break.
Underwriting announcements may Include a factual description of the products or services provided by a business including brand names. It may include the address, phone or web address.
In the case of a special event, it may include time, date, and place, as well as ticket reservation information.
("KSYM programming is made possible in part by Museum Arts San Antonio, presenting Sherlock Holmes, performed by The Fall Players, February 21st at 8 p.m. at the Lila Cockrell Theatre. Tickets to the full-length presentation of Sherlock Holmes are available at TicketMaster or Museum Arts San Antonio at 555-5555.")
The Benefits of Underwriting with KSYM.
- Direct access to a concentrated, affluent audience of consumer and business decision makers
- Name recognition among students, professionals, and business leaders likely to be interested in your products and services
- Appreciation from your customers, peers, and KSYM listeners who will recognize your commitment to the community and your support of a KSYM’s essential public service.
- KSYM also has a substantial web presence
- Our Underwriting fee is by far the most affordable in San Antonio. Starting at $20 per mention!
- Underwriting is tax-deductible.
Call KSYM at (908) 581-5887 or (210) 486-1373.
Also you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of the underwriting contract.